Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Why do I use R ?

Last two years I've been learning R and using it in my everyday work. And As much as It has been a change of mindset. I'm really happy with it. Much of my work about data clean up has been automated. And all the packages created by the community make my life easier.

Here is a little list of the things I like the most

  1. Unlike SPSS or SAS it's open source
  2. It's a full programing language
  3. Has a nice graphical toolset
  4. It's platform independant (Yeap I just use windows at work, but who cares)
  5. It has a lot of analysis and data manipulation tools
  6. Did I mention is open source ?
  7. A helpfull community
  8. It's been growing in popularity the last 5 years not only in the studies field but as a real world work tool
  9. And most of all...It's free as in speech, so everybody can recreate anything. And help solving stuff

I tested a bunch of IDEs and I love this one Rstudio. This one is free as in "free beer"
It has all the features I need and more.

No comments: